Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm watching the Pecan Trees

The Pecan Trees
Every afternoon I sit on my patio with a pair of binoculars and focus in on the pecan trees in the neighbors back yard. My sweet little mother-in-law, who died at 98 taught me that winter is not really over until the pecan trees bud out. For the past 10 years, I have been following this advice. So with excitement, every afternoon, I look for green buds. Here is a look from my Patio at the dismal winter site.

Wow, looking at these pictures, just points out how much work I need to do to clean up the beds for spring. Will be starting that soon, like this weekend.....

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Donna!!! I'm so glad you found me! I had deleted my old blog and lost many of my old blog addresses (dork me)...but I am so happy to see you again! Your Mardi Gras celebration and tables looked beautiful! I may have told you my husband is from Shreveport, and his two grown sons live in La. The youngest is in Baton Rouge. He graduated from Northwestern U. a few years ago. He loves living there...is totally devoted to Lousiana!!! He was involved wity a Krewe (sp?) while he was in school. He is a party animal. LOL. I love your shed...Good luck awaiting the leaves on your trees!
I am going to check out your other blog as well...I have one other blog listed in my sidebar where I and a friend and daughter in law post our ATC cards...they are fun to make...and hopefully one day trade...I see you are an artist...gonna check it out!