Friday, September 01, 2006

Just a few pictures.... and two short stories....

Moonstone
Have an inservice today, so I don't have to be at work as early as normal. I get to go in at 7:15 in stead of 6:30 and the best part. No Children at school today.... hip hip hooray.... But you gotta love them little beasties. Let me tell you about two kindergarteners that I have the pleasure of spending my mornings with. Me and another teacher run the Before School Daycare. So every morning for about 1 hour I babysit about 50 kids between the ages of 4 and 10. Its not a bad job, they are still sleepy for the most part and we just pop in a movie, and maintain control. Anyway, we have one little cutie patooty, named Haywood, Haywood is about 5. Yesterday he tell me that his momma put knives in his cereal. I recognize this statement for what it is and decide to play along. So I say "Oh really, tell me more about this" then with all the seriousness he can muster, he tell me "My momma put knives in my cereal and cut off my tongue". I try not to laugh and tell him his nose is growing. He scrunches up is face and say "Huh???" and before I can repeat myself he blurts out " I got my head cut off also" Now I do laugh, and Again I tell him his nose is growing. He frown at me and says, "I ain't Pinocchio" at this I bust out laughing. The next young man is named Randy. Randy showed up at school yesterday without his belt on. Now that in itself was not a bad thing, however you must picture this...... His pants were about 4 sizes too big. I really think he was wearing his sister's pants. We have a very large population of minority students who live on very limited incomes. Anyway, he had to walk with his legs spread wide open like he had crapped in his drawers just to keep his pants from falling down. It was hysterical to watch him. So..... it was my job to bring him to the office and try to find him a pair of pants from our pile of extras. He was too cute... took it all in stride. On days like that, I love my job and these moments will out last the others like having a 3rd grader tell you to shut the "F" up...... Now for the pictures I promised.

Tequila Sunrise Angel's Trumpet. Smells soooo good in the afternoon heat.

A petunia slowly wilting in the heat.

1 comment:

Becky said...

ROFL! oh those were too cute!
had to laugh about the 3rd grader telling you to f-off, *snort*

Gorgeous trumpet flower and petunia!