Saturday, September 16, 2006

Please stop the Merry -Go-Round....

..... and let me get off. Man it has been one hell of a week. I am soooo thankful that its over. I had to move my entire Therapy Office on Monday morning. Our little school which was built for approximately 300 students in the late sixties is now housing about 1000 children. We are known as the elementary school with the most portable buildings. I was housed in 1/2 of a portable while the other speech pathologist was housed on the other side. Administration came to us on Friday of last week, informed us we would be moving but had several days to pack, okay, no problem, but where were we going. The powers that be decided that we could SHARE a smaller classroom on the other side of the campus. SHARE. Two Speech Pathologist sharing a classroom. Come on Guys its S P E E C H..... All we do is talk... Anyway whacha gonna do.. So we start packing up our rooms. I just barely got started by late Friday afternoon. When we got back to school on Monday Morning, we were informed that we would be moving before noon today. Well a week later and I am soooo tired I could cry, I'm bruised and battered, can't find half of my therapy materials and hurt so bad ...... the bright spot in all of the dung is that we get to do this alllllllllll over again at the end of the year. That's Life..... It was sooo bad this week, my darling husband send me a dozen roses... my friend sent me a wonderful email that I have included below. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true. 1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for. 2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way. 3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you. 4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you. 5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep. 6. You mean the world to someone 7. You are special and unique. 8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you. 9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it. 10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look. 11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks. 12. And always remember ... when life hands you Lemons, screw the lemonade, ask for tequila and salt and call me over! Now for some garden shots ....

2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Wow...what a week you've had! I'm so sorry for the way you've been pushed around. You're so lucky to have a wonderful and thoughtful husband and a great friend with fantastic email advice! Hang in there...it'll get better...

Becky said...

Gorgeous pictures Donna, so sorry to hear about your week, that just plain ole sucks!