Monday, September 04, 2006

The Reunion

Another Family Reunion has gone down in history. We had a wonderful time yesterday with all of the Aunts, uncles and cousins. The food was great and the company was even greater. A few months ago, I had asked my dad if I could borrow my grandmother's pictures from when he was young. I told him where I though they were kept, he looked and couldn't find them. On Saturday, I visited with my mother, who is divorced from my father, and asked her. She told me where they were kept. Before the reunion got really underway, I asked me dad again if I could go get the pictures. He said sure. My stepmother and I go to my grandmother's house, she has been dead about 18 months and my grandfather now lives with my dad. Anyway, we found the pictures, exactly where my mom said they would be. Once we got back to the reunion, my aunt, and all the cousins had a great time looking at all the old photos. I promised everyone that I would scan the pictures, burn them to a cd and mail each of the siblings a copy. From there they could make copies for their children. What a treasure of pictures. My grandparents as young adults in their twenties, pictures of my dad as a young boy. I'm so happy we found them. Now come the daunting task of scanning each picture and trying to id everyone in them. My Grandmother did a great job of writing on the back of most of them, no dates, but at least we know who some of the people are. In memory of Mary Pearl Quebideaux Hebert, my Grandmother I am posting my latest garden shots. She was a wonderful gardener who earned the Garden of the Month award at least once every year.

I forgot the name of this plant...

Patty Ann

Bon Temps (Good Times)

Double Orange Hibiscus

My Patchouli Plant

This is a pineapple which I have grown.

A few years ago, I bought a pineapple at the grocery store. I cut the top off to slice the pineapple, and placed the cut top on top of the soil in the greenhouse. It rooted and grew a very pretty tropical plant. Well this year it is bearing fruit. I am too excited....

2 comments:

Becky said...

How cool is that pineapple?! Love the pics Donna, really cool flowers and that patchouli! wow!

Denise in PA said...

A pineapple? A *real* pineapple? Now that is cool! As kids, we've planted them, but they never grew like yours! Lovely flowers...