Monday, June 04, 2007

First days of Summer

It's my first day of summer vacation. I am hoping to spend my summer in the garden and scrapbooking. I am looking forward to developing a couple of new flower beds this summer. The first one I need to work on is the left side garden in front of the greenhouse. I did one side two summers ago, but ran out of edging material. Got the material late last summer but time got away from me and I didn't get the bed done. This summer it is tops on my list. I already have the daylilies bought to place under the flower ledge. The flower ledge pots are planted and the right side is in full bloom. I have taken a couple of pictures of what the front looks like today and will add the others when I complete the bed.
This is the front of the greenhouse. Its a bit hard to see with the containers of plumeria on the walkway.
I didn't think about that when I took the picture. Here is another angle of the greenhouse.

Where the pavers are located will soon be a new flower bed.

This is the mess that exists as of today in my future flower bed.

It rained all day today. By 3:00 p.m. I was stir crazy and was itching to go outside and do something. I spent some time in the greenhouse and then ventured out like a fool and stood in the rain taking additional pictures of my garden. It continuously amazes me how a garden is ever changing. My hibiscus have been a bit timid this past week, I guess they are just as tired of the rains as I am.

The top hibiscus is one I got from Home Depot, I don't know what its called. This hibiscus is named Patty Ann. This plant was hybridized by a gentlemen from Baton Rouge. Hurricane Lily

purple passion vine

This is the floribunda rose - Sunsprite

Here is Tahitian Sunset Hope you enjoy the garden as much as I do.

2 comments:

Katya said...

Donna,your pics of the flowers are just stunning! Gosh, I don't think I will ever see flowers growing so beautifully like that at my house! Thank you for sharing...the pictures really brightened up my day!

Julie said...

WOW...you put me to shame...I hate to say it, but I have gone to all native perenials (sp?). In other words, I'm a LAZY BUTT!!! LOL
Julie