Friday, May 09, 2008

Okay, I admit it, I'm a Home Body

Native Louisiana Iris
It has taken me a while to admit it, but I am truly a homebody. I would love to just hang out here most of the day and putter around. Do projects on or for the house, hang out in the garden getting my flower beds looking their best. Cooking and baking and sitting in the sun room all afternoon scrapping or reading. We only have 11 days of school left and then I'm going to be a home body ALLLLLLL summer long. I have already told my husband, with the price of gas being so high, I will pick one day for errand running only. I also know that 1 day a week will be taken up either working at the baby store or babying sitting my grandson so his mother can work the store. Anyway, its about 5:30 on a Friday morning, its in service day at school which means no kids today. I am hoping to spend all day on paperwork. I still have progress notes, medicaid logs and ESPY papers to file and all I can think about it staying home. So with that said, I'm going get dressed so I can hit the yard for some watering time before going to work. Layta guys

Moonstone

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am looking at being free of all of the school stuff in just a few weeks also! WOW...it is amazing! After raising 4 kids...to be free...wheeeeeeeee!
Have fun being a homebody...wish I could join you! I am so ready to retire!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Your Louisiana iris ... Is that 'Great White Hope'?

Patrick

Donna in Louisiana said...

Hi Patrick. You know I'm not sure what it is. I do know that it is tall and deep purple. I purchased it through the Lafayette Parish Master Gardeners at their spring sale. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Donna in Louisiana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.