Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The End is Near

My summer break is over in 5 days. I am soooo bummed out about that. I have totally enjoyed the break. I played nursemaid all day yesterday. My 6'5" husband was down with a stomach virus. He was soooo miserable. I felt sorry for him. It started Sunday night, and at 6:00 last night he was still experiencing nausea and vomiting. Poor thing, I hope he is better today. I also hope its not contagious. I have been sleeping in the Sun Room on our day bed for the past two nights, hope it is enough. I took up scrapbooking this summer. I have gone to three technique classes so far and have two more on the calendar for August. One is this Thursday, most of the classes are less than 20 dollars. I am trying to put together a Heritage Album for Russ for his birthday. Want to match a name to a face. Well here I am, all dressed up and no place to go.

Russ and I before the Mardi Gras Ball this past January

Here is a picture of our antique car

Today, I plan on scraping a bit more and also going through my therapy supplies to see what I need to start the year. Sounds exciting huh.

Here is another garden shot from this week.

Gator's Pride

3 comments:

Becky said...

Aw, you two make such a cute couple!
Sure hope he's feeling better today, that's the pits...

Love the car! and the hibiscus! good golly those are sure colorful, how could you be in a bad mood looking at that in your garden?! LOL

Katya said...

Donna,
I LOVE your pictures!
But, I just love looking at pictures and hearing the stories behind them!!!

What a great couple you are, and your house looks so pretty inside!

OK...that is a hibiscus? Wow, it is gorgeous!!!! I have never seen one so colorful!

Denise in PA said...

Wow, I've missed so much...I've read back through everything and caught myself up-to-date! That flower...man it is pretty...I never would have know what it was without Becky's post! And, as always, I LOVE having a face to go with the name! :) I'll have to do that on my Blog...I keep meaning to, but never seem to get around to doing it. Thanks for the lovely pics, Donna!