Thursday, August 24, 2006

I feel like I have died and gone to.....

Well let's just say that our heat index has been over 100 degrees and with this humidity its sticky sweaty. I hate this time of year. You can never take enough clothes off to get cool. My favorite time of year is just around the corner though, I love the fall, the changing leaves, even though we only have a few trees that actually change leaves. I love sitting on the home side a the football games, and cool crisp autumn mornings in my yard but for now, I must endure the heat. Here are some pictures of my heat wilted flowers. They are from earlier this month. I took these rose pictures early one morning and this is the way they turned out. I don't know what the setting was on my camera.

We trimmed some branches out of a couple of trees this summer before a hurricane came through and blew them over for us. I took the opportunity to get in the man lift and take some aerial shots of my house. It looks so different from up there.

3 comments:

Katya said...

Donna, your pictures have the most wonderfully calming affect! I love the roses so much! I have some miniature roses that I planted when we first moved here. This year, they are really small. (we had a really wet spring) I also planted one rose bush, but it is long gone. How I wish I could have beautiful gardens, but with the lack of time to even THINK about a garden, I will certainly enjoy looking at your beautiful pictures!

My favorite time of the year is fall, as well. Oh, how I wish it would linger!!!!

Becky said...

Gorgeous! Love the aerial photos!

Denise in PA said...

I love the dusty looking rose pics!