Monday, August 07, 2006

The Monday Blues

We've got the Monday Blues at my house. My hubby must have a stomach virus, he's been hugging a trash can since about 9:00 pm last night. My 20 year old came in at 1:00 am saying he felt like crap, achy all over. Me and the Dog slept in the sun room on the day bed, last thing I need is to get sick my last week of summer vacation. My 15 soon to be 16 year old hasn't complained yet, so I'm keeping us away from the other two today. And if all of that wasn't enough, my Coffee Pot fizzled out on me this morning. I guess the heating element fried out. No hot coffee. ARGH, I need my coffee. I think I will take on the task of teaching Matt to drive a stick shift today. Practice on our street. We live on a cul - de - sac. I just need him to figure out how to release that clutch to get yourself going first. Then I will take him to the Campus Football Stadium (Cajun Field) and turn him loose to learn to shift. That's what I did with my oldest when he learned. Wide open spaces, without any other cars around. Heck, that's where I learned to drive my three speed on the column 62 Mercury Comet back in the 70's. Got some new pictures of the Grandbaby to show off.

His first spoon feeding. I remember those days with my own.

And Another

This is a shot our our native iris, its called the Louisiana Blue Iris.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh poor you! a sick hubby AND no coffee? the horror!

I learned to drive a stick shift the same way, but I shudder at the thought of teaching my own kids, lol

The grandbaby is adorable!
The Iris is gorgeous.
Hope your last week of summer vacation shapes up fast!