Monday, July 31, 2006

What a Weekend

Whew, I'm glad that weekend is over. I am tired. It started out Saturday with our weekly outing to Home Depot, where we rented a man lift to trim a water oak in our backyard. This needed to be done before the next hurricane pays us a visit and the thing ends up in my livingroom. So we get home around 9:30 and start trimming the first of three oaks that surround my house, that was not the bargain, it was supposed to be one tree. We worked until 3:30 straight. Cutting and hauling branches. On our way to visit my dad for supper Saturday afternoon, we get a phone call that T and A's son, Scott, was killed in a car wreck around 2:30. I can only imagine what they must be going through. I know the hurt I had when Rachael died and the hurt that hits me now three months later, but a child. Yeah he was 28 but that's still your child. I pray daily that I never have to go through something like that. Just going through the ordeal with Matthew after his wisdom teeth was enough. Supper with dad and paw was wonderful, my brother and two of his three sons and my two sons were all there. I was the only girl, but it didn't bother me, I was the only girl all my life. I have three brothers. Sunday, was more of the same, we had finished cutting the branches in the tree but left a lot that still needed hauling and also cutting some for firewood. I mowed the grass while the guys worked with the limbs and logs. Around noon, I decided it was time for some me time. So, I went shopping. Bought some fish for our tank and some craft supplies and just shopped the rest of the time. Got home around 4:oo pm. I was so tired I just vegged out in the sunroom and read. Now its Monday, I need to run some errands, and get ready to leave for Texas and a funeral. How was your weekend?

No comments: