Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Back from Houston

Today will be another just like yesterday. Run errands in the morning and hide from the rain all afternoon. I'm getting pretty tired of all the rain. Summer is almost over. We go back to school in about 3 weeks. I'm going to miss my days at home doing just what I want to do. Our trip to Houston was fun. I went to Garden Ridge and bought, and bought and bought more stuff. I bought a wedding album for myself at 75% off. I just started scrapbooking and I am doing our wedding so get lucky there. I also bought a bed in a bag for my bedroom, well you know the old saying you get what you pay for. Anyway it will not be put away for a couple of months waiting for my oldest to move out, when he does, it will go in our newly refurbished guest bedroom. I also splurged on some Lemax Halloween pieces. I love to set up the little villages. I really like my christmas village. It takes me days to set it up, but what fun. The halloween village is growing, last year was the first year I set it up. I have harvest houses on one end and the witches and goblins on the other with a grave yard in the middle. I have a built in bookcase in my dining room that measures about 24 inches deep by 90 inches long. You would think that this area would be enough. Last year it was perfect for my Black Bayou village, but the Christmas one, well Russ had to build an additional 24 by 36 inch table that we add to one end that makes an L shape out of the counter. This year.... I think we are going to have to expand again. Anyway I bought a grim reaper sitting in a grave yard and a Halloween Carnival table scape. I bought some more of the little black lights that when its all set up makes the village very eerie. Russell insisted on a 5ft tall skeleton dressed as a pirate that dances and flappes his jaw and signs, Super Freak, Well Dressed Man, LaGrange and Slow Ride, he is hysterical. My step son does a haunted house and Russ and Matt take part. We will work this pirate into the house this year for sure. The Gardens are very green and lush because of all the rain. I will post a few pictures of the yard, if the darn computer cooperates. I need to upload the ones I took yesterday. I just barely missed a perfect shot of a hummingbird yesterday. I was hovering over the sages I picked up the camera, focused and the darn thing buzzed off. Maybe this morning he will be back. I have fresh nectar.... After I return from all my errand running I think I will make some soap. I am going to make a batch of lavender, just for me. I am not even going to share. I might even make a batch of spiced plum just for me also. I love those two scents. I also want to make some more powder. I made some for a swap last year and it was scratchy. I need to figure out what I did wrong and fix that mess. More Later. D

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's awesome Donna, my mom loves those village thingies.